Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2013

Confessions of a "How I met your Mother" fan...

So it's been a while since I've been on this blog, and yes I know it's disgraceful, but here I am, and I have an interesting topic to bring back the group. Series (or films, or even books) that disappoint, like How I Met Your Mother. I love that show, and just as every fan I was looking forward to the latest series. Among others, it's a series I waiting to return for months!!! 
Finally it's here and...frankly it's a little disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I'm still watching it and I still laugh and enjoy the characters. However there is one little thing that's bugging me about it, actually not so little. Are they seriously gonna stretch the wedding weekend out into 20 something episodes? I mean, really? When I watched the second episode I thought, well ok, they're making a two parter out of it, that's fine...but a whole series? A weekend? Into a series? This is what they were building into? And they're not even showing the "mother" that much. I mean, surely she should be the focus of attention now that we've finally met, or at least appear once in each episode. Then I might even tolerate the stretching a weekend into...Nah, who am I kidding.
In any case, needless to say I am highly disappointed. While I still watch it, after all there's nothing wrong with the old characters or the humour, it's definitely not the "big bang" I was expecting from what might possibly be the last series. All I can say is that had better be some bad ass last episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here...