Search This Blog

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Poetic Prose


In the portuguese language the word "tempo" can mean both time and weather. This fact had not struck me until, one day, in London, a tree branch pounding on my window and the groaning of the wind outside disturbed my writing.
As I looked through the glass, I saw the naked trees of the nearby forest being pushed by an irate, invisible force, along with an incessant cloudburst. As close a thing to a storm, without thunder and lightning,as possible. I turned back to my page, glad to have a refuge.
Barely an hour had passed before I looked outside again, except this time the sky was a light blue and the whirlwind and deluge had given way to a soft breeze and sunlight. The day went on, continuously switching between the two weathers; this made me realise just how indefinable "tempo" is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here...